Sensory Bin for After the Fall by Dan Santat – Task Cards
Looking for new ways to incorporate hands-on sensory play in your classroom?
Imagine adding sensory bin activities to the favorite read aloud After the Fall by Dan Santat.
Sensory Bin Stories are based on favorite read aloud books and characters with tasks for literacy and math. Meet your students’ sensory needs and offer opportunities to play while still staying aligned with whatever curriculum your school follows.
This Sensory Bin Story features the thoughtful book (spot on for growth mindset) After the Fall by Dan Santat.
Add this wonderful read aloud to your lessons during Back to School and of year.
LITERACY tasks include:
- Uppercase and Lowercase Alphabet Cards (2 formats)
- Sight words from the read aloud book (15 cards)
- Vocabulary from the read aloud book (15 cards)
- Mentor Sentences – 2 formats (one model sentence card and individual word cards to build the sentence)
MATH tasks include:
- Numeral Cards (1-15, 2 formats)
- Counting Cards (visual representation, 1-15)
- Number Bond Cards (15 cards, includes missing part or missing whole)
- Sorting by Upper/Lower (using sensory bin task cards)
- Sorting by Syllables (using story vocabulary cards)
- Instructions (supply lists, set-up tips)
- Extra Character Cut-Outs
Use these task cards in small groups or add to your centers. We read and reread the story together and then add the materials to center for the rest of the week.
Enjoy low prep and storage – these printable materials were designed with organization for the busy educator in minds.
Please Note: the sensory bin material suggestions are based on common items you may have already in your classroom. This download features printable pages and not the actual sensory bin items.
After purchasing, you will receive a Dropbox link of the product. You’ll be able to download the product directly to your preferred location or save to your Dropbox.
Copyright © Positively Learning. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one user is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).