All Aboard! This sensory bin is all about TRAINS!
Are you looking for new ways to incorporate hands-on sensory play in your classroom?
Imagine adding these train themed sensory bin activities to this innovative favorite read aloud Old Tracks New Tracks by Jessica Petersen.
Sensory Bin Stories are based on favorite read aloud books and characters with tasks for literacy and math. You can meet your students’ sensory needs and offer opportunities to play while still staying aligned with whatever curriculum your school follows!
This Sensory Bin Story features the book Old Tracks New Tracks by Jessica Petersen. This is a wonderful read aloud to add to your character education lessons (courage, bully theme) during Back to School and of year!
LITERACY tasks include:
- Uppercase and Lowercase Alphabet Cards (2 formats)
- Sight words from the read aloud book (15 cards)
- Vocabulary from the read aloud book (15 cards)
- Mentor Sentences – 2 formats (one model sentence card and individual word cards to build the sentence)
MATH tasks include:
- Numeral Cards (1-15, 2 formats)
- Counting Cards (visual representation, 1-15)
- Number Bond Cards (15 cards, includes missing part or missing whole)
- Sorting by Size Mat (using sensory bin materials)
- Sorting by Syllables (using story vocabulary cards)
- Instructions (supply lists, set-up tips)
- Train Character Cut-Outs (add to the bin!)
The printable materials are organized and presented for easy prep!
Please Note: the sensory bin material suggestions are based on common items you may have already in your classroom. This download features printable pages and not the actual sensory bin items.
Copyright © Positively Learning. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one user is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. See product file for clip-art and font credits.