February Book Companions with visual support
Students can respond through picture and text support while asking and answering questions based on the following read aloud books:
- The Love Letter by A. Denise
- Click, Clack, Moo, I Love You! by D. Cronin
- Imogene's Antlers by D. Small
- Groundhog Gets a Say by P. Swallow
Comprehension support included for each read aloud:
- Teacher Questions – 20+ questions based on the text, mentor sentence, and story vocabulary all on one page with room for data notes
- Comprehension Picture Board – story vocabulary with both picture/text
- Mentor Sentence Writing Board – writing response page with mentor sentence and word bank (story vocabulary)
- Picture Word Bank Writing Board – writing response page using vocabulary (picture/text) from book
- Comprehension Visual Response Board – an “all in one” response board featuring WH questions, sequencing, main idea and key details, summarizing, and story elements (story grammar).
How I use these Visual Comprehension Boards:
I recommend using these visual response boards in your small reading groups. I will insert two pages (back to back) into one dry erase sleeve. Students can respond by pointing, circling their answer with a dry erase marker, or even “covering up” their response using mini-erasers or other manipulatives. The writing pages could also be used for independent work or in centers.
Copyright © Positively Learning. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one user is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. See product file for clip-art and font credits.