Small and Whole Group Phonics Practice
100 Phonics Practice Slides featuring common phonemes (phonogram ” hunks and chunks”) and sounds featured in K-2 curriculum.
These are slides that can be displayed for whole or small group phonics practice.
Add these screen slides as warm-ups or cool-downs during Guided Reading, word study, and reading intervention groups.
Display the slides and have students say the corresponding “chunk” or phonogram. There's an engaging photograph to support and anchor each sound. Please note: there are MANY extra slides included – use them all for extra practice, or choose to display your students' favorite.
Each slide features a secured png graphic – this makes it easy to reorder or delete a slide to make a customized presentation to meet YOUR students' needs.
Mix and Match with my all of my other Screen Slides for differentiation!
Skills Targeted in Phonics Practice Slides:
- Know spelling-sound correspondences for additional common vowel teams
- Isolate and pronounce initial, medial vowel, and final sounds (phonemes)
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of one-to-one letter-sound correspondences by producing the primary sound or many of the most frequent sounds for each consonant.
- Know the spelling-sound correspondences for common consonant digraphs.
- Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds (phonemes).
- Distinguish long from short vowel sounds
Friendly Feedback from Educators:
“We use this everyday in 2nd grade. It has saved me during distance learning. I use flashcards in the classroom but I will use this once we go back. It is a great way to spiral review all the sounds they have to learn in 2nd grade as well as review for the sounds they focused on in 1st grade.”
“Helped to elevate my phonics instruction during virtual and simultaneous teaching”
“Very useful and practical to help reinforce phonics!”
“Love this. Great quick review of phonics chunks!”
Copyright © Positively Learning. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one user is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. See product file for clip-art and font credits.