Sounds of Y tackles the three y sounds our students are learning: /y/, Long I, and Long E. This can be a tricky phonics skill for our early readers.
Here are 30 digital task cards with visuals and text that provide extra practice with the three sounds of y. These NO-prep DIGITAL task cards are a great way to practice this phonics skill.
We tackle these sounds during first grade and continue monitoring through second grade. These independent task cards can be used as a supplement to any K-2 curriculum, during intervention/special education, and with homeschool. These digital task cards provide a wonderful solution for distance learning.
Display the task cards digitally for whole group or turn it into a literacy center.
Need a quick assessment for progress monitoring? Use the cards 1:1!
Phonics Skills targeted in this paperless set:
- 10 Name and Click Task Cards
- Students will name the picture and click on the correct word spelling. All three sounds of y are included.
- 10 Read and Find Task Cards
- Students will put the decoding skills to work by reading the word and finding the corresponding picture. All three sounds of y are included.
- 10 Sound Discrimination Task Cards
- What do you hear? Name the picture and listen to the vowel sound. Is it a Long I, Long E, or /y/?
Every digital task card is SELF-CHECKING!
These cards can be played on ANY digital device that uses an internet connection.
Looking for more hands-on phonics practice?
Copyright © Positively Learning. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one user is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. See product file for clip-art and font credits.